Friday, August 9, 2013

Meditation Writing...

I subscribe to this marvelous daily newsletter called Daily OM  put out by Madisyn Taylor (yes she is on Face Book).  Over the years I have enjoyed the daily thoughts and inspirations.  Since I do write yesterdays really struck me as most interesting.  Meditating and letting yourself go and thru creating...but creating without thinking about structure, grammar or spelling....just being free to let the meditation spire you and letting the thoughts in that moment....THAT moment.

As a writer or really as a creative being, I prefer to do my craft of writing alone.  Never have been one to sit in a "writing" group and talk about structure, or if this idea is better or that idea.  Not snobbish, not all into myself but my personal thoughts - again MY personal thoughts - is that I write for me.  If anyone else relates to my written scribblings, then I am so happy but writing like all arts is truly subjective.  For that reason too I chose not to join groups to have my works critiqued.  What I write, photo, create artistically is part of me.  Yes you can improve on technique but I have always found that I perfect my technique on my own not because someone else has told me how to do it.  I look.  I observe.  I read.  I improve.  I go beyond my boundaries.  I prefer the sometimes struggle it takes but then it is still me and this is simply my way of expression...my way of creating.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment