Wednesday, July 10, 2013

It's Wednesday!!!

Listened to the rain during the night...yes it woke me.  Unfortunately, the results of not sleeping deeply.  I enjoy gentle rain during the night.  It seems to get even more lush here with every drop of rain.  Certainly not like Montana.  There the moisture is soaked up instantly and the results...well not really visibable but I know the earth needs that moisture.

Just like rain music is the moisture that the soul needs.  Needs to become "lush" and fertile with creativity.  Certain tunes definitely do that for me and each day...sometimes many moments within the day...a particular genre will affect me and the creativity explodes with wondeer.

Classical guitar....jazz....blues...gypsy jazz...gypsy music....

A friend and I were chatting one day at our favorite coffeehouse in downtown St Paul.  The question at hand was if by some horrid chance one of your senses was taken away...is there one sense you could live without?  sigh...what a question to ponder...and hopefully never will happen.

The sense of smell...coffee...such a heavenly scent.   Touch...to feel the texture...to feel the touch of someone that loves you.  Taste...ahhh to taste a great Italian dish or Greek...a hot dog at the ballpark.  Then we got to hearing...the glorious sounds of nature...the city...voice..music!  Sight...the vibrant colors that the world offers us...the faces of passing strangers...the faces and the smiles of the ones we love...being an artist.

The sense of smell can when necessary compensate for another sense that is lost.  As can touch and taste.  Hearing and sight would be very difficult for me to lose.  I would rather not lose any of them.  I hope with all my soul that my senses all remain and that my mind remains sharp as ever so I have the commonsense never to take ANYTHING for granted.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know which I'd pick if I had to lose one. That's a scary thought and like you say at the end of your post, we should never take anything for granted. ^_^

    Something to think about! Wonderful post, again. :)

    ReplyDelete