Sunday, April 29, 2018

Words that meaning changes when you are what the word is.....

long name for this post but it is very true.  Immigrant.  Immigration.  Ex-pat (expatriate not ex-patriot).  Words that were words of course that I was familiar with but have come to be intimately close to.  With the intimacy comes a new perspective of the words.  Now they are ever intimately connected to me.  Part of my vocabulary - rather up close and personal. 

They are not easy words.  Not at all.  Trust me.  And when they are in your life because now you are an immigrant...their meaning changes.  You begin to understand what it's like to be in a country where you were not born.  Never lived in or was a part of the community.  I blend in but I am still an immigrant.

How words change....once you are part of the words...and your life changes.  And the meaning of the words change.  The intimate connect of a word.

No comments:

Post a Comment